Thursday, April 25, 2013

Group Differences

I really enjoyed doing the group differences forum. I liked the article that my group read, Kill Santa, because Christmas in school has always been something that I've had mixed feelings about.

I like doing discussions in class where small groups present prompts for everyone and we can chime in whenever we feel the need to. I think that I got a new perspective on a lot of things by hearing about everyone's articles and also everyone's input. One thing that I especially liked was hearing the ESL/ELL article, because I always think of hispanic students when I hear ELL, so I liked the fact that the article was more about Asian Americans.

I think that these forums work really well in a class like ours where people are comfortable speaking up and are friends. I'm not sure if the same type of discussion would've been so thorough if we would have done this at the beginning of the semester. The only suggestion I have is that it would have been nice to have a little bit more time for discussion and that some people would self-monitor a little better and make sure everyone is getting an equal opportunity to add their comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment